Search This Blog

Don't Miss A Post!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Organic Products for Your Body & Your Home

Organic Products for Your Body & Your Home
Products that are so natural, you can eat them!

Grab My Button!

Photobucket
Business 2 Blogger

Sunday, May 8, 2011

10 ways I want to be like my mommy



A list of characteristics I admire in my own mother, that I hope to emulate.

  1. Dedication- When she sets out to do something, she really does it.  She stays dedicated to the end.
  2. Selflessness- On a weekly, if not daily basis, she is doing things for others.
  3. Empathy- My mom really puts herself in other’s shoes, so to speak.  
  4. Giving- She really has down the whole ‘you need to give to receive’ mantra… except she doesn’t expect to receive.
  5. Persistence- No matter what it is, she will persist until she gets the result she desires… whether it be getting the right price for something at a store or getting us to come visit her. Smile
  6. Loyalty- She is a friend to the end.
  7. Prayerful- She knows to turn to God to thank him for wonderful things and ask for help with difficult things.
  8. Faith- She also has the faith that once it’s prayed for she can let go of it, because it is in God’s hands.
  9. Young- No matter her age (I’m not telling), she still can out-walk anyone at Disneyworld, then be ready to get dessert on the way home!
  10. Friend- Okay, so this isn’t really a ‘characteristic’, per say, but I didn’t know how else to put it.  She is a great friend.  To me and all her other friends.  I wish I knew her secret so that I will be as good a friend to my kids, too.  I actually want to talk to her on the phone every day.  I hope my kids will want to do the same.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the mommas out there!

Here's my lovely family.  See my pretty momma? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My heart is swollen pride and gratitude and my eyes are swollen with tears of joy! How precious is a daughter to honor a mother with such beautiful thoughts!