A list of characteristics I admire in my own mother, that I hope to emulate.
- Dedication- When she sets out to do something, she really does it. She stays dedicated to the end.
- Selflessness- On a weekly, if not daily basis, she is doing things for others.
- Empathy- My mom really puts herself in other’s shoes, so to speak.
- Giving- She really has down the whole ‘you need to give to receive’ mantra… except she doesn’t expect to receive.
- Persistence- No matter what it is, she will persist until she gets the result she desires… whether it be getting the right price for something at a store or getting us to come visit her.
- Loyalty- She is a friend to the end.
- Prayerful- She knows to turn to God to thank him for wonderful things and ask for help with difficult things.
- Faith- She also has the faith that once it’s prayed for she can let go of it, because it is in God’s hands.
- Young- No matter her age (I’m not telling), she still can out-walk anyone at Disneyworld, then be ready to get dessert on the way home!
- Friend- Okay, so this isn’t really a ‘characteristic’, per say, but I didn’t know how else to put it. She is a great friend. To me and all her other friends. I wish I knew her secret so that I will be as good a friend to my kids, too. I actually want to talk to her on the phone every day. I hope my kids will want to do the same.
|Here's my lovely family. See my pretty momma? :)|