Search This Blog

Don't Miss A Post!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Organic Products for Your Body & Your Home

Organic Products for Your Body & Your Home
Products that are so natural, you can eat them!

Grab My Button!

Photobucket
Business 2 Blogger

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day 2011!!

Good day everyone!

We had green eggs for breakfast this morning in honor of the day.  A little idea I stole got from Dr. Mom Online.   Her eggs turned out much more green than mine, but it was fun anyway!

I used 8 eggs (farm fresh from Rolling Hills Farm) and about 5 spoons full of zucchini pesto (I had some in the freezer from last time I made it).  Then I just fixed them like I would any scrambled eggs.

I forgot to mention we had toast and asparagus too.


My 2 year old was not having the eggs.  However, I took her toast away and wouldn't let her have anymore until she took one bite of eggs.  She finally gave in and took a bite. She got her toast back, but then it just sat on the plate while she ate the eggs!  She loved them.  My boy loved them too.  He said, "I love these eggs! Can you make them like this every time you make eggs?"

We will continue our St. Patrick's Day later with some studying on the holiday and what it's all about.  The study will include how much dye is used to dye the Chicago River and whether or not it is good for the fish. (By the way, according to this site, they use 40lbs of vegetable dye)

I hope you enjoy your day!

4 comments:

DontSayHurry said...

Oh yeah... Eli freaked out with the green eggs I made her to, but still ate them. Happy belated St. Patty's Day.
CJR @ The Mommy Blog

Nicole @ Some Call It Natural said...

It was fun! This is the first year I have made green eggs. It just might have to become a new tradition! Happy belated St. Patty's Day to you too. :)

Anonymous said...

Cute stuff! I tried green eggs AND ham one year, but boy was the ham funky! My kids didn't trust my cooking for over a week after that....Thanks for the visit to my blog from BlogFrog too darlin'! I am your newest follower :) have a great week! Angela

Angela said...

Cute stuff! I tried green eggs AND ham one year, but boy was the ham funky! My kids didn't trust my cooking for over a week after that....Thanks for the visit to my blog from BlogFrog too darlin'! I am your newest follower :) have a great week! Angela